Omega 3 - How Will It Benefit You?
Thinking about adding Omega 3 to your daily diet? There
is no doubt about Omega 3 offering benefits to a lot of people, we will
get into more about that later.
The essential fatty acids in Omega 3 have long been known for their many
health benefits. Many clinical studies have proven that the biggest benefits
come from DHA and EPA, these fatty acids are only found in fish oils, although
you would still get some health benefits when taking Omega 3 from plant sources,
it is recommended that you include Omega 3 from fish oils, either from eating
fatty fish at least 3 times per week, or buying an Omega 3 supplement.
Of the two essential fatty acids mentioned above, DHA offer the most benefits,
most supplements however, contain much more EPA than DHA, so when shopping for
a supplement, be sure to choose one with as much DHA as possible.
Another thing you should be aware of when looking for an Omega 3 supplement
is toxins (PCB�s), ask the manufacturer about the levels of PCB�s and heavy metals
in their product, also ask if they can supply you with test data on the purity
of their product.
Now, let�s take a look at the benefits of including Omega 3 in your daily
diet, these have all been proven in clinical studies.
* Fish oils, rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) have been shown to
significantly reduce deaths from heart disease.
* Clinical studies have shown improvement for people who suffer from depression.
* Lower aggression in teenagers.
* Improved memory.
* Lowered risk of developing Alzheimer�s disease.
* When taken by mothers during pregnancy, it may help protect babies from
* Improves the body�s immune system.
* If you have, or are in danger of developing type II diabetes, research
has shown Omega 3 helps regulate blood sugar levels, and decrease insulin resistance.
* People suffering from skin disorders like psoriasis have shown improvements
when taking fish oils.
As you can see, Omega 3 offers benefits both for those who just want to be
proactive, as well as it can help those who already have developed some types
If you decide to eat more fatty fish, or take an Omega 3 supplement, remember
to check the purity and levels of DHA in your chosen source.