Salmon with Roast Garlic Recipe
2 medium heads garlic, broken into separate cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 large salmon fillets
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
Roast Garlic Puree
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the garlic cloves in a ramekin.
- Pour enough oil over to cover.
- Wrap ramekin in double thickness of foil.
- Bake until garlic is very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer garlic and 1 tablespoon cooking oil to food processor.
- Add butter to processor and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Place salmon on baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, then spread 1 tablespoon garlic puree over each.
- Bake the salmon uncovered until just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle rosemary over the fish and serve with boiled new potatoes and steamed mangetout.
Wine Suggestion: Crisp, Cool Chardonnay